Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Artist Love: Golly Bard



I had an insanely crazy day yesterday, and didn't get a chance to post! In addition to a new and longer work schedule, I also had two orders to finish up and ship out, and then got my first two orders in for my new shop! With a changing schedule, full time puppy, and alternating between making, listing, and shipping out jewelry, it has been increasingly harder and harder for me to keep up with daily posting. I'm still going to showcase my Artist Love and Wishful Wednesday posts every week, but for a bit, the rest of the days will be open to whatever I feel like sharing.

So, here is the belated artist love post:

Golly Bard, aka Holly Ward Bimba. Her shop has been a favorite of mine on Etsy for a while - full of original, "slightly curious style" watercolor paintings.
Shown above: Fanciful Feather Collection No. 10 


"My paintings are a jumbled mix of imagery, inspired by anything and everything that I am infatuated with for the moment. The work I make has a quirky style. My current obsessions include: natural history, anatomy, things in jars, garden maps, miniatures of the mughal dynasty, weather systems, fashion, portraits, wallpaper, calligraphy and patterns."








No comments: