Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Artist Love: Tauba Auerbach


Tauba Auerbach is a San Francisco born artist who now works from both San Francisco and New York. I first saw the Fold Paintings last year in the Whitney Biennial. I was so pleasantly surprised when I visited her website and saw that her work ranges from the soft 'trompe l'oeil' fold paintings to bright vibrant prints, and even jewelry. The sculptural piece is a beautifully poetic organ, the Auerglass:

"The Auerglass is a two person pump organ created by Tauba Auerbach and Cameron Mesirow. The instrument cannot be played alone. Each player has a keyboard with alternating notes of a four octave scale. Each player must pump to supply the wind to the other player's notes."



Oh No, Gouache on Paper

Static I

Jewelry for the Ohne Titel S/S 2011 Runway Show


I can't wait for the next time we head over to the SFMoma. She is showing there through October of this year as part of The More Things Change.

No comments: