Monday, November 15, 2010

Dunn Family Updates

We've officially been in California for 2 months and been married for 3! So far, we're just enjoying our new lives and trying to enjoy being newlywed and not stress too much about the future. I think the hardest part about being here is the distance from some of our best friends and especially family. It really hit me today, because I heard my first Christmas song of the season as we were paying for breakfast this morning. With the holidays (and especially my favorite, Thanksgiving) coming up, it's still not real to me that, for the first time in our lives, we won't be surrounded by our enormous families.

This past weekend we spent with the friends we made while couchsurfing in Davis this past summer and also with another art grad and his wife. It's really nice and comforting in having other young married couples around to talk to and see that we are not alone in some of the trials we face and also in wanting to celebrate and commit our love for one another.

Other than that, I've been working a part-time internship at a marketing and pr company doing some design work and other odd projects. Kyle has been working hard in the studio, and has a big critique coming up tonight. But we are both looking forward to December, when a bunch of friends and family will finally be visiting us here on the west coast! :)



A few weeks ago we finally developed our film from our road trip from Florida to California and here are some of my favorites!






No comments: